- All animals and guests are fully animated
- All text buttons (EX: [PLAY]) have been converted to images
- Added vet building
- Implemented animal health. When an animals health falls below 30, the player must build or have a vet building. Once built, the player can click on the animal, and then press the send to vet button. Once the animal is at the vet, it will take some time for the animal to regain its health. Once the animals health is fully restored, the player can send the animal back to the enclosure.
- Updated GUI menu with new images and icons
- Added Zoo Tokens
- Changed the way buildings and fences are placed in the game world. Now when a player builds an object, it takes some time for it to be built. The player can use zoo tokens to speed this up. Below is a screenshot of what this looks like
- Added scenery. You can now decorate your zoo with trees, lights, and trash cans. This can be seen below
- When an animal gets hungry, the food button will be highlighted and flash to notify the player
Coming soon below...
All the above are completed and ready to go. I would release this version of the game to the public, but I have a few more things I want to add and refine before I do. Firstly, the tutorial has to be redone from scratch, as it is completely broken due to all the new menus and systems in place.
Secondly, I want to add the following to the game before I release the next version:
- Goals - Players get rewarded for every milestone they make, such as having a certain amount of animals, money, buildings, etc. Similar to an achievement system.
- Missions - Players will be tasked with missions, such as completing tasks in a certain amount of time, dealing with aggressive animals, cleaning up their zoo, and etc. I plan to have missions fully voice acted, but do not plan to release voice acting with the next update.
- Missions and goals will earn the player zoo tokens and zoo tokens will be able to be purchased on the Online Zoo Builder Shop